TABLE OF CONTENT
How to afford dance classes in Berlin?
The answer is Urban Sports Club membership. This exclusively digital membership gives you an access from 337 to 1322 venues in Berlin, and from 2449 to 8651 venues in other cities in Germany.
4 Urban Sports Club memberships
Please check the current memberships on their website. The one I had and I recommend is the L-card for 99,00 Euro per month!!! It will suit everybody who wants to train intensively (3-7 days a week). The other good option is M-card for 59,00 Euros per month.
With this Urban Sports Club membership, you can not only go to dance classes, but also to fitness clubs, martial art schools, yoga, and pilates studios. They also offer team sport, functional and CrossFit, climbing and bouldering, EMS and vibration training, and access to swimming pools, MASSAGE, relaxation, and SAUNA!!!
This is actually the best thing I discovered in Berlin!
Unlimited access to all these places is not exactly true. There are different visit limitations for each membership. You can check-in to one venue either daily, 4x per month or 8x per month. MULTIPLE CHECK-INS PER DAY AT ONE VENUE ARE NOT ALLOWED. All the details you can find on the profiles of the studios at their website.
It is good to ask directly in the school if you can participate in the Dance Classes for Professionals with this card. When I was in Berlin, it was possible. All the dance schools mentioned in the article “Top 8 Contemporary Dance Schools In Berlin” partner with them.
The best part of this Sports Card is that you don’t have any time-bounding contract with them. The cancellation period is just one month! It is worth a try!
FOR WHO URBAN SPORTS CLUB MEMBERSHIP pays off:
- For everybody who wants to train intensively in different places in Berlin.
- For everybody who needs a flexible training plan,
- For people who enjoy various techniques, sports, exercises,
- For everybody who apart from participating in fitness classes wants to use other services, like swimming pool, massage, meditation, etc.
WHEN URBAN SPORTS CLUB MEMBERSHIP doesn’t work?
- IF YOU HAVE YOUR FAVORITE SCHOOL and you know you want to train there most of the time (a few classes a day). Then probably this membership is not a good option for you, as you cannot participate in more than one class daily at one school.
- If you train only in one school and you don’t train there very often. In this case, the better option is to buy a ticket directly from the school, which contains 10 or more entrances to the classes.