I am Basia. I spend two years in Berlin, working as a physiotherapist and dancing as much as possible. This is how I found the best contemporary dance schools in Berlin. There were three factors, which I took into account while searching for the dance school in Berlin.
My main focus was contemporary dance
THE LEVEL OF THE CLASSES
I was never a professional dancer. However, dance was always part of my life. There are many schools, which are recreational, meaning that the teacher level is not that good or even if it’s quite okay, the way they lead the classes make me wanna go out in the middle of the lesson as I don’t feel it brings anything to me. Accordingly, I was looking for advanced classes, with passionate, skillful teachers, where I can learn, have fun and improve.
WHERE IS THE SCHOOL?
Is it far away from my home or work? (this factor was less important).
Information that you gonna find
- Name of the contemporary dance school
- Address – click on it, and you will be directed to the mentioned address in google maps
- Nearby UBahn or SBahn
- Price of a trial class – each school has different offers. You can buy a monthly ticket o,r 10 classes ticket or other kinds of tickets. If you click on the price, it will direct you to the Site of the Prices of the particular school
- Website – directs you to the main website of the school
- Additional long-term dance programs offered by the school – click on it, and you will be directed to their website or to my article about it
- Read more – this bottom directs you to more detailed information about each school and my experience dancing there
THESE ARE MY TOP 8 CONTEMPORARY DANCE SCHOOLS IN BERLIN
U2 Eberswalderstraße/Senefelderplatz, U8 Bernauerstraße
U6 Seestrasse, U9/U8 Osloerstarsse, U9 Nauenerplatz
S3 Hirschgarten (the station is not that close to the school, you need to use a bus or walk)
STUDENTS RECOMMEND CONTEMPORARY DANCE SCHOOLS IN BERLIN
In the video below, I am visiting my two favorite contemporary dance schools in Berlin, asking the students about their top choices. BTW they mostly overlap with my picks.
How to afford dance classes in Berlin?
The answer is Urban Sports Club membership. This sports card (membership) gives you unlimited access to...